Think of the Military Family Support Center (MFSC) as your remote commissary, JAG office or base mechanic. And like a traditional military base, there are services that are available to you while your loved one is away serving our country. Therefore, we provide you the following services:
- Information Clearinghouse – Information and guidance on using the resources available to dependents through the DOD or local services.
- Telecommunications Support – Internet access and free long distance calling.
- Social Interaction – Entertainment events, support group assistance and a casual meeting place.
- Home and Car Repair – Reduced or no-cost repairs made by qualified Center volunteers.
- Supplies – Our in-house pantry to provide food (canned and non-perishable), baby supplies, household items and school supplies.
- Children’s Playroom – A play area just for the kids while you spend time at the Salem pantry.
- Counseling – Assistance for budgeting, therapy and legal guidance.
- Job Skills Training – Assistance in continuing education and training for our unemployed service men and women.
The VFW Unmet Needs program proudly stands ready to assist our service men and women when they are burdened by circumstances out of their control after state-declared natural disasters such as tornadoes, hurricanes, fires or floods.
The service member or veteran must have served on active-duty other than training within the past 36-months in order to qualify. We have shortened the application to ONE PAGE for Natural Disaster Assistance. Assistance is limited to natural disasters which have damaged or forced the service member to vacate their primary residence. The assistance does not apply to vehicle damage or vehicle insurance deductibles. Application must be received within 30 days of state-declared natural disaster.
The Unmet Needs Program’s Natural Disaster Assistance is as follows:
Total loss of the primary residence: $500
Power loss or damage to the home: $300
Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (816) 968-2779. Contact us if you have any questions!
Click HERE for the application.