Our military service members represent only 1 percent of our population, but they carry the responsibility of protecting our entire country. But they do not do it alone. Their spouses, children, parents and other members of their family share in the duty and sacrifice of serving our country.
Unfortunately, many of those families do not live near a military facility. That means these families don’t receive the benefits of those who live near a military base. We provide support for all of our remote military service men and women and their families in the following areas:
- Information – Many families are unfamiliar with where they can find information, due to the limited resources available at local military armories and reserve centers. This is where we bridge the gap by providing a place for service-specific military and general civilian information.
- Community – We work to increase community awareness of the needs and challenges of families of active service men and women.
- Communication – Free internet access at the MFSC enhances family communication near and far. DSN: 441-5675
- Partnership – By connecting public support with private needs, we can provide additional services for you. This includes home and auto repair, household goods and transportation. Our collaboration with multi-service family assistance coordinators helps find common needs and ways to meet them.
- Socialization - We provide a fun meeting place for families, volunteers and donors by hosting social gatherings, support groups, sports events, outings, children’s camps and more.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Military Family Support Centers, Inc., a 501 (C)(3) private charitable organization, is to identify and to satisfy essential morale, welfare and recreational needs of military families of service men and women of the Active Component and the Reserve Component (Federal Reserves and National Guard) of the Armed Forces located in areas remote from military installations.
Our Scope of Operations
The Military Family Support Centers, Inc., is dedicated to provide such broad, protracted military family support in times of peacetime, reduced operational posture, mobilization, deployment in war, national security and disaster relief operations as well as upon returning home of service personnel to include wounded or fallen warriors.